We offer unique career opportunities to build the world’s fastest-growing financial platform
Back-End Developer | Hong Kong
CompareGlobalGroup is the largest financial comparison group with a presence in +13 markets across Asia, Europe and Latin America. Through our platforms we help millions of customers every month to easily compare rates and services of insurance, banking, telco and other home services providers. Giving the power back to the consumer by increasing financial education, market transparency, and easy access to financial products is our mission, and we saved our users over $100 million last year.
Though well-established with over $60 million in funding from Goldman Sachs, Ace & Company, Jardines, Nova Founders Capital, Peter Thiel, Mark Pincus et al., we are agile and fast growing, adding new team members daily, categories weekly and markets monthly, and are looking for YOU to join our highly dynamic and international team of entrepreneurs.
Your goals will be to
• Build a highly performing and scalable enterprise-grade Java / Java EE application
• Provide expertise in the full development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing
To achieve your goals with us you will
• Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code
• Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
• Prepare and produce releases of software components
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
You should be
• An experienced web developer (6+ years of hands-on Software Development experience, including 5+ years of experience in Java development)
• Skilled in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms, with profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management, etc.)
• Highly knowledgeable in Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns, Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
• Experienced in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
• Familiar with test-driven development
• Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
To apply please send us your resume on firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Back-End Developer HK”